magic

24. aug. 2012

Staff and Shaman


The Hummingbird Ayahuasca Retreat and Healing Center is a shamanic healing center specializing in plant spirit medicines and traditional cures. Located near Iquitos, Peru on 20 acres of beautiful and tranquil rainforest, the center provides an idylic environment for healing and personal transformation. With an emphasis on ayahuasca healing, we offer ceremonies led by expert indigenous healers. The Hummingbird Center provides a safe, supportive environment for people to get the healing and spiritual expansion they seek. We foster an atmosphere of open communication that encourages open dialog about the challenges of their past, and the insights and teachings received during ceremony. The owner has a background with 12 step programs, and knows the magic that can happen when someone feels safe to share the secrets of their heart in a circle of supportive, non-judgemental people. The focus of our work is on healing and personal transformation - physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. We spend time with each individual to understand why they came and the outcomes they desire from thier work with ayahuasca. This information is shared with our shaman, who works in ceremony to help each person realize their goals. Our circle meetings on the day after ceremony reinforce that work, interpreting and expanding on their experience within the context of their intentions for that ceremony, and their goals for their time at the Hummingbird Center. Our workshops are limited in size, ensuring that everyone gets the personal attention they need and deserve. Come and experience the magical transformation available through this ancient and sacred healing tradition. In addition to being a retreat center, the Hummingbird is also our home. Jim is in a apprenticeship to be ayahuasquero, and Paul is actively expanding his knowledge of the medicine with regular dietas. We participate in all ceremonies, and after the ceremony spend individual time with each participant, discussing their experience (to the extent they desire), answering questions, and offering guidance so they can better understand the healing process. It's not an easy task to express what The Hummingbird means to me. I was an anxious, unconfident, closed-off, somewhat judgemental person when I arrived. Now I am transformed and I credit these changes to all of the loving, supportive people here, the magical surroundings and the medicine. Before I came I didn't think I needed to 'heal' but I was wrong. I have healed and I am a better person now thanks to The Hummingbird's atmosphere of healing, learning, love and humour - what a powerful combination! I have grown so much and learned more about my spirit in the three months I spent here than I had in my entire life before. I feel equipped to deal with any challenge. I never believed in God until I came here. No matter where I go or what I do - EVER - this place will never leave my heart and a piece of my heart will remain with you. Charlie, America The Hummingbird Center offers a variety of services including Ayahuasca Workshops, Personal Healing Retreats and Energy Healing. Please visit our  Staff and Shaman page for more information about the energy work.


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar